Education in India is seen as one of the ways to upward social mobility. Good education is seen as a stepping stone to a high flying career. Education System in India currently represents a great paradox. With more than 17,000 colleges, 400 universities, 13 institutes of national importance and various other vocational institutes, the higher education system in India is one of the largest in the world.
The education system in India has savored a special bond between the teacher and the pupil since time unknown. In fact, India was the country to have established what we know as the ‘gurukul’ system of education. However, with the coming of the Britishers, English has become a part and parcel of Indian education system. Today English is the third major medium of instruction in India after Hindi and Marathi.
- Low cost and Affordable education
- Wide choice, and Quality education
- World-class institutions and faculty
- International exposure
- Networking with world markets
- Friendly environment
- Holistic education
- Come to where the action is
- Building global leaders
- Focusing on the new knowledge economy
- World hub for business process outsourcing
- Develops the creative side of the personality
- Beautiful country, beautiful people
- An experience of a lifetime
Indian Universitities do not insist for TOEFL/ILETS. However, since the academic programs are taught in English, proficiency in English is a must. You should have studied for qualifying examination in English or English should have been one of the subjects.